IBT College is located in downtown Toronto. IBT College is an accredited Career College that focuses on job skills. Its small class size and attention make it a popular choice for Canadians. IBT College is approved by the Ministry of Training Colleges and Universities.
Features of IBT College
Entrance Requirements for transfer to IBT College Co-Op Programs
Graduate from Connect's Advanced Communication and Presentation Skills program (ACP)
Must be 18 years of age or older
Flight Attendant Diploma
The Flight Attendant course at IBT College is a registered and approved diploma program suitable to those seeking employment as Flight Attendants. The course provides students with the knowledge and skills necessary to enter the lucrative job market of airline attendants and ground staff.
Once graduating, our students are proficient in safety policies and procedures, have thorough knowledge in aviation and aircraft policies as well as in aircraft emergency procedures. Knowledge and terminology of the aircraft and the specific duties and responsibilities of a flight attendant is taught hands-on at IBT College.
The Flight Attendant Diploma is 8 weeks in length. This is the only Flight Attendant Diploma program in Ontario.
The course provides students with the knowledge and skills necessary to enter the lucrative job market of airline attendants. The curriculum was designed by Air Canada.
Internships are not possible for students who graduate from the Flight Attendant Diploma. The Flight Attendant Program is an approved Diploma by the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities. The Flight Attendant Diploma is offered by IBT College in their downtown campus Toronto.
Travel and Tourism Diploma
The Travel and Tourism Diploma course is a comprehensive program designed for those wishing to gain employment in the lucrative and exciting world of travel business. The course is a registered and approved program, which follows the official CITC (Canadian Institute of Travel Counselors) curriculum.
The course applies a hands-on, project driven teaching method, which makes learning vibrant and colorful. iBT students also benefit from the co-op placement program which enables them to gain real life experience in travel agencies.
The course is a 6 months full-time program and covers topics such us Domestic Ticketing, International Ticketing, Travel Agency Operation, Sales and Marketing, Computer Reservation Training (Sabre) and World Tourist Destinations.
There is a wide array of employment opportunities waiting for our graduates. iBT students find employment as Travel Agents, Ticketing Agents, Airport Ground Agents, Tour Guides, Holiday Representatives and many more. While the majority of iBT graduates find employment within Canada, many pursue a travel career at exotic parts of the world.
Business Administration Diploma
The Business Administration diploma course offered at IBT College is suitable to those who are seeking to gain skills in providing comprehensive office support in the private as well as the public sector.
The diploma program is a registered and approved program and takes 25 weeks to complete full-time.
- MS Office (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Access, Outlook)
- Office Procedures
- Business Communication
- Business Law
- Bookkeeping and Accounting level 1&2
- Simply Accounting
Work and Study Options
- There are 3 options for students based on their level of English: Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced. Connect can arrange an online pre-test to check your English level.
- The ESL and College Pathway programs are coordinated by Connect.
- The vocational Diploma programs and Co-Ops are coordinated by iBT College.
- Two Letters of Acceptance will be issued. One from Connect for ESL and ACP and one from IBT College for the Diploma Program.
- If students do not reach the English level required to pass the ACP program, they will need to purchase more ESL courses.
- Once accepted into iBT, students may be eligible for an Off-Campus Work Permit. For the Flight Attendant Diploma, students are not eligible for the Off-Campus Work Permit.
- Books or materials for Connect or iBT College can be purchased in Canada.