Students registered in the Intensive English intensive program will achieve their goals more quickly. In addition to studying the core skills and sub-skills of the General English course; students will have additional elective courses tailored to advance their English language goals. These include: Speaking Clearly, Listening, Idioms and Academic Writing. Classes are active, student-centered and designed to bridge classroom practice to using the language outside of the classroom in real life situations.
- Listening: practice listening skills in different situations.
- Speaking Clearly: learn the difference between many sounds in English.
- Writing: learn how to write an academic essay from the ground up.
- IELTS: learn test-taking skills to ace the IELTS test.
- Idioms: watch popular movies and learn about expressions used by native speakers.
- Levels: 1 to 8
- Electives from beginner to advanced
- Start dates: every Monday
- Grammar level up: every 5 weeks
- Conversation level up: every 4 weeks
**Note: Each class runs approx. 1 hour and 50 minutes with 15 minute breaks between classes. Minimum numbers of 4 to 6 students are required to keep levels open.